Who we are
Our website address is: https://memo.africa. We focus on helping organizations schedule and send gift items to people anywhere on special occasions.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties which include our affiliates, employees, officers, service providers, agents, suppliers, subcontractors as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Memo only shares personal information with External Third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Memo, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How we protect and retain your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to Memo. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect the Personal Information you provide, or we collect against loss or theft, as well as against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification.
Other security measures include but not limited to, secure servers, firewall, data encryption and granting access only to employees in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Where you use a password for any of your Accounts, please ensure you do not share this with anyone, and the password is kept confidential at all times.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of your Personal Information is protected and maintained. Transmitting information online is not entirely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that all information provided online is secure. We would take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is secured and well protected.
We will only retain personal information on our servers for as long as is reasonably necessary as long as we are providing Services to you. Where you close your Account, your information is stored on our servers to the extent necessary to comply with regulatory obligations and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. Where we retain your Personal Information, we do so in compliance with limitation periods under the applicable law.
What rights you have over your data
Based on your location and applicable laws, below are the rights you have as a user in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed.
- Right to request access or copies to your Personal Information by signing into your Account or contacting us.
- Right to request that Memo erase your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information. Please note that this is a limited right which applies where the data is no longer required, or the processing has no legal justification. The exceptions to this right is where the applicable law requires Memo to retain a historical archive or where we retain a core set of your Personal Information to ensure we do not inadvertently contact you in future where you object to your data being used for marketing purposes.
- Right to correct or rectify any Personal Information that you provide which may be incorrect, out of date or inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You have a right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by adjusting your notification preference on the settings page or by opting out via the unsubscribe link in marketing emails we send you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that where you object to us processing your Personal Information, we might be unable to provide the services to you.
The basis of we processing your Personal Information is your consent. You also have the choice at any time to withdraw consent which you have provided.
You also have a choice to deactivate your Account at any time. You may contact us should you wish to de-activate your Account at any time via email [email protected].
We may process your Personal Information in order to contact you or send you marketing content and communication about our products, services or surveys. You may exercise your right to object to such contact from us or opt out from the marketing content. Please note however that if you opt-out of marketing content, we may still send you messages relating to transactions and our Services related to our ongoing business relationship.
We may ask you for permission to send notifications to you. Our Services will still work if you do not grant us consent to send you notifications.